THE HALF DECENT FOOTBALL MAGAZINE

SampGenoa600

The Stadio Luigi Ferraris, also known as the Marassi after the Genovese district where it's found, is home to both Genoa and Sampdoria. Named after former Genoa captain Luigi Ferraris, it was completely rebuilt for the 1990 World Cup. It has a capacity of 36,348 and hosted three group stage games followed by Ireland's second round penalty shootout victory against Romania.

Photo taken by Drakon at FootballFans.eu

Related articles

Fathers Of Football
Great Britons who took the game to the worldby Keith BakerPitch Publishing, £12.99Reviewed by Paul BrownFrom WSC 341 July 2015 Buy this book  ...
Unoccupied Stade de Buraufosse in Belgium
The Stade de Buraufosse was the home of Belgium’s R Tillleur FC between 1960 and 1995. The 11,000-capacity ground is just a few hundred meters from...
The abandoned Stadion Za Luzankami in Brno
The Stadion Za Luzankami in Brno, Czech Republic, once held around 50,000 people. Opened in 1953, it was home to FC Zbrojovka Brno until 2001, and...