The Südweststadion in the industrial city of Ludwigshafen am Rhein was originally named the Adolf Hitler stadium when the groundbreaking ceremony took place in 1937. Building was completed in 1940 with a capacity of 14,000 but the stadium was destroyed during the Second World War. It was rebuilt with rubble from Ludwigschafen and the nearby Mannheim and reopened in 1950 with a capacity of 41,383. Various teams have played there, including Kaiserslautern while their own ground was expanded in the late 1970s. However, with no stable tenant the ground fell into disrepair. Since 2007 it has been home to FSV Oggersheim and a €1.5 million (£1.2m) renovation means it now has a capacity of 6,000.