THE HALF DECENT FOOTBALL MAGAZINE

Cathkin600Opened in 1884, Glasgow's Cathkin Park was originally the second Hampden Park. With a capacity for 50,000 fans, Queen's Park played in it for nearly 20 years. When they moved to the third and current Hampden Park, Third Lanark took over the lease and renamed it as Cathkin Park. The club folded in 1967 and the facilities deteriorated gradually, but a reborn amateur side with the same name recently returned to play their Greater Glasgow Amateur League games in the old stadium.

Photo taken by Wullum at FootballFans.eu

Related articles

Scotland settle in to life as the warm-up act with only tiny glimmers of hope
Embed from Getty Images // Friendlies against World Cup qualifiers Mexico and Peru highlight how much work Alex McLeish still has to do to get...
Photo of the week ~ Spectacular save as Gretna win promotion
Gretna 2 Alloa Athletic 1, 25/03/2006, Raydale Park, Scottish Second Division This result confirmed Gretna as Scottish Second Division Champions...
It’s Not All About The Old Firm: Defying the odds in Scottish football
by Scott Burns Pitch Publishing, £12.99Reviewed by Gordon CairnsFrom WSC 373, March 2018Buy the book Eight clubs from outside Glasgow have...