THE HALF DECENT FOOTBALL MAGAZINE

Kendal600

Parkside Road is the 2,400-capacity home of Kendal Town, who playing in the Norther Premier League. The Mintcakes, as they are nicknamed, were originally called Netherfield AFC when they were established by employees of a shoe factory in 1919 but changed to Netherfield Kendal in 1998 and then their current guise two years later. Their record attendance was 5,184 against Grimsby in the 1956 FA Cup.

Photo taken by Unwinblade at FootballFans.eu

Related articles

Unoccupied Stade de Buraufosse in Belgium
The Stade de Buraufosse was the home of Belgium’s R Tillleur FC between 1960 and 1995. The 11,000-capacity ground is just a few hundred meters from...
The abandoned Stadion Za Luzankami in Brno
The Stadion Za Luzankami in Brno, Czech Republic, once held around 50,000 people. Opened in 1953, it was home to FC Zbrojovka Brno until 2001, and...
Dumbarton’s home in the shadow of The Rock
Dumbarton’s 2,020-capacity stadium is situated directly below the Dumbarton Rock, on a site formerly occupied by Denny’s shipyard. The Rock is a...