Site usage guidelines
Registered users of wsc.co.uk can comment on articles from WSC and post on the message board. We're happy for the debate to go in any direction but please bear in mind the following when posting on the site.
1) Any comment that breaks the rules may be removed, and offenders risk being banned from the site.
2) We reserve the right to edit submissions.
3) Please do not abuse the complaints system. The Report button exists so that users can alert us to content that breaks the rules. If a user abuses the complaints button they may be banned from the site.
4) Please refrain from personal comments regarding the author of an article, other posters or WSC staff.
5) Only make written contributions that are your own work or to which you have the copyright or other permission to distribute electronically. You may not violate, plagiarise or infringe on the rights of third parties including copyright, trademark, trade secret, privacy, personal, publicity, or proprietary rights. You may not post any defamatory or illegal material of any nature. Posting a message or comment with the intention of committing an illegal act is strictly prohibited.
6) We reserve the right to remove messages or comments which:
- Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
- Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
- Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
- Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
- Advertise products or services for profit or gain
- Are seen to impersonate someone else
- Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
- Are written in anything other than English
- Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
- Are considered to be spam
- Are considered to be off-topic for a particular article