THE HALF DECENT FOOTBALL MAGAZINE

WSC advent calendar day 15

Chem

Construction began on the Stadion an der Gellerstrasse in July 1933, on former horseriding grounds to the north-west of the German city of Chemnitz. When it was opened in 1934 over 25,000 people crammed in to watch the first match there between PSV Chemnitz and SpVgg Greuther F├╝rth, which finished 5-1 to the home side. It now has an official capacity of 16,061 and is home to Chemnitzer FC of the 3rd Liga.

Photo taken by Boehn1904 at wsc.FootballFans.eu

More...